Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Big Sean To Embark On His First Solo Tour

'I'm gonna put on a hell of a show,' rapper tells MTV News.
By Rob Markman


Big Sean
Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen/ Getty Images

Big Sean is ready to take his show on the road. Beginning October 2, the G.O.O.D. Music MC will begin his I Am Finally Famous Tour, a 30-city run that concludes November 25 in Los Angeles.

"I'm embarking on my first solo tour this fall, and I passed up a lot of good opportunities, but I'm still gonna be a part of those opportunities one way or another," Sean told MTV News. "I really thought it was important to do my own solo tour."

The Detroit rapper most recently was out on the road with Wiz Khalifa as part of his Rolling Papers tour, and in the past he talked about the possibility of joining Jay-Z and Kanye West on their Watch the Throne run. Sean didn't confirm or deny that he'll hit the road with Hov and 'Ye, but judging from the already announced WTT dates, Sean's involvement in it looks unlikely.

For this run, Sean tells MTV News that he'll be hitting smaller venues so he can build a closer relationship with his fans. "I think that's really important for my first time out. Building my tour base I really wanted to have something intimate, something people will remember forever," he said. "I'm gonna put on a hell of a show. I've been getting my cardio up, working out, taking this sh-- serious."

Dates for Big Sean's I Am Finally Famous Tour:

»October 2 - Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel

»October 4 - Greensboro, NC @ Greene Street Club

»October 5 - Richmond, VA @ The National

»October 7 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom

»October 9 - New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater

»October 11 - Lancaster, PA @ Chameleon Club

»October 12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar

»October 14 - Norfolk, VA @ Old Dominion University

»October 15 - New Britain, CT @ Central Connecticut State University

»October 24 - Clarksville, TN @ Austin Peay State University

»October 29 - Kalamazoo, MI @ Kalamazoo State Theatre

»November 1 - Cincinnati, OH @ Madison Theater

»November 2 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall

»November 3 - Columbia, MO @ University of Missouri

»November 4 - Chicago, IL @ Metro

»November 5 - Madison, WI @ Orpheum

»November 7 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

»November 8 - Des Moines, IA @ People's Court

»November 9 - Iowa City, IA @ Blue Moose

»November 10 - Omaha, NE @ The Waiting Room

»November 11 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre

»November 12 - Denver, CO @ The Summit

»November 14 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Complex

»November 16 - Pullman, WA @ Washington State University

»November 17 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox Market

»November 18 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre

»November 20 - Eugene, OR @ WOW Hall

»November 22 - San Francisco, CA @ Regency

»November 23 - Santa Ana, CA @ The Galaxy

»November 25 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Music Box

Will you go see Big Sean on his I Am Finally Famous Tour when it comes through your city? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670608/big-sean-i-am-finally-famous-tour.jhtml

Sunny Mabrey Susan Ward Susie Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment